As 2015 winds down and 2016 vastly approaches, there are a few things I wanted to share with you all. I want to thank you all for visiting According to T. When I started this blog in May of this year, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had dreams it would become this great site, but I secretly was nervous it was going to fail. Call it the pessimist in me. Well thanks to you the readers, According to T is steadily growing and I’m grateful. It feels good to know that people not only visit my blog, but enjoy the content and are appreciative my little nuggets of wisdom. Going forward, I hope to provide you all with even better material next year. Because most of what I post is contingent upon questions you all ask, make sure you get those into me. Remember, no subject is off limits and everything is kept Anonymous. So here’s to 2016! Before I say bye to 2015, let me leave you all with my year end round-up.
My Top 5 Albums of 2015
5. Black Rose by Tyrese Gibson
4. Woman by Jill Scott
3. Reality Show by Jazmine Sullivan
2. Calling All Lovers by Tamar Braxton
1. 25 by Adele
*To Pimp a Butterfly was extremely close to making my top 5. However, Tyrese’s project slightly edged out Kendrick Lamar’s.
My Top 5 Movies of 2015
5. Jurassic World
4. Avengers: Age of Ultron
3. Furious 7
2. Straight Outta Compton
*You all just don’t know how close I came to putting Disney’s Inside Out on this list. It’s at least worth an honorable mention.
My Top 5 TV Shows of 2015
5. Daredevil and Jessica Jones
4. How to Get Away with Murder
2. Game of Thrones
1. The Walking Dead
* Yes number five has two shows listed. However, I figured since they are both Marvel shows and both leading up to one collective show called The Defenders, that it was okay. And I know people were expecting Empire to be on this list, but I couldn’t put it on here. Had I only seen season one of Empire, the show would have been number one without question. However, this second season wasn’t nearly as good in my opinion. Although, the mid-season finale that aired a few weeks ago gave me promise that Empire could return to its former status as top notch.
My Top 5 Moments of 2015
5. Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj duet performance at the Tidal X Concert
4. James Wright Chanel became an overnight sensation. (Think Patti’s Sweet Potato Pies)
3. Viola Davis, Regina King, Uzo Aduba won Emmys
2. Serena Williams completed another Serena Slam
1. The Wiz Live premiered on NBC
*Decided to highlight only the positives here. As we all know, there were plenty of negatives. And big props to Steph Curry and the Warriors. They are doing it big in the NBA.
My Top 5 Words of Advice for 2016
5. If you are having a hard time finding the right guy or gal, try going on a date with someone outside of your “type.” You may come to find some real “bae” material.
4. If you have an on-again and off-again relationship you know is no longer healthy, do yourself a favor and let the man or woman go.
3. If making New Year’s resolutions, make sure you get an accountability partner(s). That way you have a better chance of keeping the promises you made to yourself for longer than 3 weeks.
2. Speaking of resolutions, try something new in 2016. Whether that be a new workout routine, a new restaurant, or new activity, try it.
1. Pray and ask God what you’re supposed to do in life. Pursue your talents and passions, and see where you’re led. After all, you only live once.
Much love people,